PRA Health Sciences (“PRA”, “we,” or “us”) has published this Site on behalf of Janssen Research and Development LLC (the “Sponsor”) for the purpose of recruiting interested individuals to enroll in the Sponsor’s CHIEF-HF clinical trial (the “Study”).
The Site and the services found on this Site are available only to users who can form legally binding contracts and who have otherwise been granted access to the Site through the Site’s registration process. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you (i) are at least eighteen (18) years of age and/or are otherwise recognized as being able to form legally binding contracts; (ii) are located in the United States of America; and (iii) have provided accurate, current, and complete information in connection with your registration for the Site.
Purpose of the Site
The Site’s purpose is simply to identify individuals who are interested in participating in the Study. The Site provides information regarding the Study and collects information via a brief pre-screening questionnaire (the “Survey”) to pre-screen your eligibility for the Study. You may be required to provide certain personal information to access certain content on the Site. Your use of this site and completion of the survey is voluntary. Depending on your responses to the survey, the Site may request personal contact information from you so that you may receive additional information about the Study and how you might participate. You may decide whether or not to provide your personal contact information.
Consent to Use of Data
This Site automatically collects the following data from all visitors: IP addresses, browser and version used, and other similar information about connections and services use to visit the Site. If you elect to complete the survey, the Site will collect the following data from you: information regarding smartphone and wearable devices. If you elect to provide personal information, the Site will collect the following data from you: first and last name, email address, date of birth, phone number.
Each of the above is considered your “Data.” You agree that:
- Your use of the Site constitutes an electronic communication with PRA subject to applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- PRA will collect, store, process, maintain, upload, sync, transmit, share, disclose and use your Data to pre-screen your eligibility for the Study and contact you with further information regarding the Study.
- Data regarding your visit to and use of the Site may be generated an anonymous basis in connection with your use of the Site and may be collected for PRA’s internal business purposes and for Google Analytics.
- Your Data will be collected, transmitted, and stored on systems operated by PRA.
Restricted Use of Site
You are not permitted to use the Site to:
- Establish any link to the Site from another location;
- Impersonate other individuals or otherwise represent yourself as an employee, agent, or representative of PRA or Sponsor;
- Harass, threaten, or use abusive language directed at PRA, Sponsor, or any individual in any manner or form;
- Publish any libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, illegal, or otherwise reasonably objectionable statements;
- Engage in any other illegal conduct;
- Disseminate advertisements, promotional materials, spam, junk mail, pyramid schemes or other forms of solicitation;
- Extract, gather, or use information or other Content available through the Site through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site;
- Engage in any other conduct that limits other visitors’, PRA’s, or Sponsor’s use of the Site or otherwise exposes them to liability for your use.
You are not permitted to otherwise:
- Use any bots, spiders, trojans, worms, spyware, ransomware, bombs, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, or any other malicious code, device, or process; or
- Disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site.
PRA reserves the right to block your use or remove your communications due to your misconduct and take any other legally available recourse against you.
The Site does not provide medical advice. Please consult with your doctor with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your individual needs or medical conditions or any related questions about your involvement in the Study.
Proprietary Rights and Restrictions
The content of the Site including without limitation all images, designs, layouts, marks, trade names, and information posted on the Site (collectively “Content”) are the property of PRA, Sponsor, or their licensors. Your use of the Site does not provide you with any rights, ownership, or license to use the Content outside of the Site.
You are not permitted to copy, reproduce, display, distribute, transmit, resell, broadcast, reverse-engineer, create derivative works, or otherwise exploit Content in any manner without the prior written permission of PRA. You are not permitted to modify, change, delete, or disguise any proprietary or distinguishing notices or markings from the Site or Content. PRA reserves all available legal remedies against you for infringement, misappropriation, or other unauthorized use or modification of Content.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. PRA DOES NOT WARRANT THE SITE OR CONTENT’S ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR QUALITY. PRA DOES NOT WARRANT ANY COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY BROWSER, INTERNET SERVICE, OR DEVICE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR SERVICE, SYSTEM, OR DEVICE THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR DOWNLOAD OR USE OF THE SITE AND CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PRA TOGETHER WITH ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS, AND SPONSOR ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU IN ANY WAY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED) FOR YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR CONTENT OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE OR CONTENT.
Arbitration and Class-Action Waiver
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to binding arbitration for the resolution of any claims or disputes related to your use of the Site and waive your right to a trial. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you waive your right to join any class or representative action related to your use of the Site against PRA, together with its affiliates and licensors, and Sponsor. You or PRA party may exercise the right to arbitrate by providing the other party with written notice of any and all claims in sufficient detail to describe the substance of such claims. Any statute of limitations which would otherwise apply in a court or other proceedings will apply to any claims submitted for arbitration. Unless otherwise agreed between you and PRA, the arbitration will be conducted in a county where either party resides and be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with American Arbitration Association rules and U.S. Federal Rules of Evidence and Procedure.
Governing Law and Venue
Changes and Duration of Agreement
CHIEF-HF Study Website
Last Updated: February 7, 2020